Saturday, January 19, 2013

Yet another infection

Logan is fighting off infection around his trach site again, but also has yellow oral secretions. I took it upon myself to get in touch with the nicu attending at Cone this morning, told them what was going on, and was stern that Logan was not coming to the hospital. She was not easily persuaded because she had never had Logan before, but I explained that we were not risking putting him in the hospital for a infection we could fight at home. The doctor agreed to let Logan's nurse get a tracheal aspirate specimen and we would turn in to the lab and see what grows. So we are waiting on labs and being extra cautious. Logan's sleeping a little more, has more thick secretions, an odor, and not as playful. I think we caught it soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment