Sunday, November 25, 2012

So much to be Thankful for!

It has been a while since I have updated the blog, but Logan is doing fantastic. It seems like he is getting bigger and bigger everyday. Last week he weighed 16 lbs. 14 oz, so we will soon be hitting the 17 lbs mark, if he hasn't already! I have had a put away so many clothes he has outgrown, and it makes me sad when I see how small he was, but I am so thankful he is thriving. I put our Christmas tree up over a week ago in hopes that Logan would just love to stare at it, but he doesn't care for it too much. Little stinker!
We have been trying to position him differently and get him more in a sitting up position. I bought a bean bag chair last week and it works great for positioning him in an upright position. He gets mad when we take him out of it! Logan is making more noises. Probably not what you are thinking, but it's gurggling noises. Since his trach is a larger size (in width) it is harder for him to push air around his vocal cords to make actual noises, but the gurggling is a great sign that he is trying to make noises.
Secretions have been an issue here lately. We are having to give him breathing treatments more often because his secretions are getting thick, and he is having a lot of oral secretions from the 8 teeth he is cutting. I just worry so much about him being sick, but if he does, it can hopefully be managed from home and not in the hospital.
We go see Pulmonology and ENT in Janurary, and we will probably make an appointment with the Urologist to talk about surgery to have Logan's testicles brought down and pinned surgically. It is recommended that they have this done at the age of 1 and it dramatically decreases the chances of testicular cancer. We hate having to put him through yet another surgery, but it's for the best and not very invasive.
Logan is doing great with physically therapy. He seems to get everything accomplished that Kristen wants him to do. He will start Occupational therapy tomorrow to work on oral motor skills, and I am so excited to see what he is capable of doing. I swear, he is getting stronger and stonger everyday. He is arching his back more, can bring his arms up in a sitting position, and can even hold his head up for a few seconds. I don't know if it's a reasonable goal, but I would love to see Logan holding his head up for his first birthday, and it would be nice to see him sitting up, but I'm not pushing it. It will happen in due time :)

Thank God for Kidspath. They are a hospice organization that manages Logan's CAP/c, and they are angels! They will do what ever they need to do and make sure Logan has everything he needs. They can even bill Medicaid to pay for a generator that will cut on automatically when the power goes out. Thank God, because we were going to have to pay for that out of pocket.
We are getting really close to switching Home Medical Equipment companies. I have to call and call just to get what Logan needs, and it gets very frustrating when they send the wrong items. Plus, the suction machine has stopped working on us and they won't give us an extra one! I think that is ridiculous....what are we suppose to do if it stops working on us and he needs suctioning? It's very frustrating.

We are ready and excited for Christmas with Logan this year!

Anyway, We had a great Thanksgiving! We hope you did too! God Bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment