As a mother, it is hard to just let anyone care for your child. I have a hard time letting new nurses that no absolutely nothing about the disease or how to care for Logan. I know, they must learn, but I'm his mommy and if I don't like something that's being done, I will speak up. We had a new night nurse practitioner that started about a month ago. She has been struggling with keeping Logan clear and clean up her messes, so I asked the nursing company to let her train again with one of Logan's other night nurses. The other night Logan was very junky and she yet again struggled with clearing him out. That morning Rene had a hard time clearing Logan (which is not unusual when we have this night nurse). When Rene went to do Logan's weekly trach change in this picture below is what she saw. The night nurse pinched Logan's neck with the trach tie and this was the end result. This has happened before, but this is by far the worst. What I don't understand is how she couldn't be aware of this all night? I'm so mad that words can't even express it.
This is exactly why I have a hard time trusting new nurses.
I am a pediatric home car nurse and I must say I am shocked and appalled. This is inexcusable. This is very painful for Logan and you as well. I can not believe any person,let a lone a trained health care professional would not realize the neck tissue was caught in the trach tie. I am truly sorry this happened.
ReplyDelete