Sunday, March 10, 2013

Logan continues to "bloom"

Every now and then I get down about everything I have to see Logan go through. Sometimes searching for inspirational quotes gives me the push I need to overcome those feelings. Today, I ran across this quote:
"We, the ones who are challenged, need to be heard. To be seen not as a disability, but as a person who has, and will continue to bloom. To be seen not only as handicap, but as a well intact human being." -Robert M. Hensel
This is a beautiful quote and describes Logan so well. How could I not smile reading this?

Over the past week, Logan has really shown himself. His head control is getting better and better and his back and spine are getting stronger. Using Logan's theratogs, it really straightens up his scoliosis and helps is kyphosis (hunch back). Yesterday I got the brilliant idea to put Logan in his theratogs and put him in his bumbo seat we have never got to use. He did fabulous and sat by himself and held up his head for 2 minutes without our help. It was a proud moment for Brian and I. :)

The next few months are going to be pretty crazy for us. Logan has lots of appointments coming up, we are switching to a new home medical equipment company, and trying to tweak some things that we think he would really benefit from. We are excited to push him and see what he is capable of doing. We will keep everyone as updated as we can!

Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment